Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Appreciate your advice folks. With the rapidly falling temps, have the rock moved out of the shallows, or is it still worth a shot to get in some skinny water and cast to shoreline structure, points, rips, etc first thing in the morning?

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
I sure hope so Josh,I plan to try some TW on UB on friday.I'm guessing that with all the wind we had stirred things up a bit but see no reason why some fish wouldn't still be in the shallows .

Think,points , current,structure, cover etc.There were some good evening TW reports just before the blow.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Don't know where you were thinking of fishing, but, as of this morning tides in most of the western tribs like the Patapsco are running almost 2' below norm. So the shallows will be really shallow. Tides should recover and back to normal by Friday and the weekend.

Just checked, as of 9:45am today, even Tolchester on the upper estern shore is showing that tides are running a shade over 2' below normal.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Yeah! Ultra low water makes the shallow water fish skittish and sends them packing normally.

A pound net is always on a drop off for a reason. When fish get scared they run into deeper water. In gives them a sense of security. Water levels dropping are not good for a fish's nerves.

If the areas you were fishing have deep water nearby you may be fine. If they are long stretches of shoreline I would look elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the detailed responses + rationale :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts