Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some feedback on the type of anchor they think works best with a windless?? Thanks!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have a windlass on my boat (which I bought used) and have no plans of ever using it. If I anchor, it will be in deep water and I have a large ball and SS retrieval ring, which is way faster, less work and simpler than using the windlass.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up with the SIMPSON LAWRENCE up to 31’ and using it on 26’ boat. Also 20’ of chain with the Delta 14lbs anchor. If I still had a center I would have never put one on, but with a Cuddy and a wife on the play days they come in handy. I’ll never need to look at her and say
“So, when do you plan to get your butt up there and getting the anchor out? You’re the one that wanted to stop in the first place.” J/K
So far it has been a great buy for days she’s with me or I’m out by myself casting at the pilings. Don’t let anyone tell you they are all slow because this thing is faster than I could pull it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Don't try to anchor with that deal in 300'+ of water ... you'll grow old waiting.

BTW, I have the same windlass and I think it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts