Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any tips for anchoring around bridge and islands , i have noticed boats anchored between the bridges and close to the rocks , can some of you give some dos and don'ts when anchoring around the cbbt for a newbie. thanks in advance . TWR

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Don't anchor too close to another boat, don't get your line caught up on someone elses anchor line. I have always had good results anchoring up current for stripers. It's all trial and error you will learn quick or someone will tell you otherwise..LOL

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Unless you want to get cussed at, at least among the anglers on the boats . . .

There is a common wire line trolling pattern. The boats are upstream of the tubes starting at the islands and working towards the shipping channel. Their lines are behind the boat bouncing along the rocks at the bottom. At the end of the troll they pick up their lines; circle around and get back in line. It is not uncommon to have 10 to 20 boats working the pattern. If you anchor up in their way you will goof up lots of folks and get them miffed.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
how many of you use a wreck anchor there in the bridges) opposed to th danfort? I know you better use that wreck anchor over the tubes but what about the bridges?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I use a danforth when fishing the spans. Drop anchor up current and drift back under the span don't drop too far out if trollers are working the pilings!!!! Try to leave at least 2 sets of pilings between boats so everyone has plenty of casting room, there is 15 miles of pilings no need to crowd. Happy casting:))

·
Registered
412 Posts
Be careful droping an anchor in to the area around the rocks. If its now a wreck anchor you may lose it. Give other boats enough room to cast. If they can hit you with their lure your to close in my opinion. Good luck .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts