Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggustions on a new anchor? I have 19ft cc and a danforth type anchor (guessing 9- 10 lbs) and have one heck of a time getting it set on hard bottom. It is the anchor that came with the boat. I am sure there is a better choice. I currently use 3/8 rope with 8 foot chain.

·
Premium Member
26,256 Posts
Danforths don't hold well on the hard bottoms.You can try putting a sash weight (5lbs) on a clip and clip it to the front of the chain.This helps "pull" the danforth into the bottom.I dive and retrieve anchors-I have alot of used ones.You are more then welcome to try a heavier one to see if that helps.Some charters weld a hook to the mud pan-seems to help.More chain may help-we use 20'-you might try adding 5' more. Skip

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll start with the added weight and longer chain. Then I'll try welding some hooks onto it. Thanks for the advice.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother
I have a Delta Fastset on my 21' Parker just so I can hook up on osyter rock bottoms where my danforth used to just drag. They set fast and hold well, but; they don't fit in your typical anchor locker. It works for me cause I have a bow pulpit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts