Tidal Fish Forum banner

Ann Boat Show - Southport/Southport/Southport

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  one fish 
#1 ·
Hi Gang,

Went to the Annapolis boat show friday, since I am interested in looking at the 1 engine cc about 22 foot in length.

Spent about 3-4 hrs there looking aroung and talking with a few salemen I know and don't know.

Balto is better for the fishing boats, but didn't want to wait that long to look, besides, didn't have anything better to do.

I had a good time, lots of good sights, if you know what I mean.:yes::D

Anyway, That 26 Southport that Hank has is just something else. I sat on it til the salesman kicked me off (scaring away customers). What a tremendous, beautiful boat. Everything just looks top of the line.

They have a special price on it for about $110,000, in case someone is ready.
Man.....what a beauty.
:clap::D

#3 ·
Hi Steve,

Parking lot at stadium had a decent amt of cars. few salemen I asked said it was a decent friday turnout, but thurs was poor.(vip day).

With navy at home and the wind, don't know how sat/sun will be.
I thought it looked like a good fri turnout.

One saleman told me he is selling more used, than new boats. A few others said things are tough, as we already know.
:D

#4 · (Edited)
Ron that's an understatement. The ride is the best part about the boat. We have run that boat WOT in some pretty tough conditions and all I can say is WOW! No pounding whats so ever and smooth as glass. The only thing that I don't like about the boat and Jamie will agree is that it doesn't have a lot of fishing room. In fact I think Jamie's Parker probably is a better boat to fish on with much more room.I told him you have a choice of either a head with surround sound and air conditioning or a bucket. But if your in a hurry to get to the fish first the Southport wins hands down. And she is a beautiful on top of it all. Also that's a better price than what I paid over two years ago. I say you buy mine so I can get the Southport 28TE.:D

#8 ·
I'm sure it will be slow but there are still people with money to burn around here. There are great deals to be had right now and the economy will eventually stabilize. As for me...... it's staying in my pocket.......what little I have:clap:..........Gary

#9 ·
Yeah Hank,
I heard a rumor that you might like to have the 28.:D:D

Hopefully I can bum a trip to cbbt with you this winter to try out the 26, since I'm prob gonna keep mine at flag hbr thru the winter.

Love to have the 26, but outa my league.

Thats another thing I really like about my cat, pleanty of storage and because of its squared off bow, plenty of fishin space.
See ya out there.

#12 ·
I went to the show on Sat. Thought it would be crowded but much lighter than I've seen in prior years. Did spend some time on the new 34 Parker, meeting Linwood and his son, Wood. Very nice folks and they really wanted comments on what we thought of the boat. Talked to several sales folks that said crowds were down and that they were chasing all leads whereas in other years they may have let a few slip through and not think much about it. Sounds a bit tight out there......

John

#13 ·
Hi B-

That was just the 'boat show special' sign they had posted. no way I am going to negotiate for that high end boat (for me).

Hank, might be time to see what that 28 would cost ya.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.