Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Tuesday morning at 7 30 am - six volunteer boat owners arrived to help out with Annapolis city police fishing camp.

May be an image of 2 people and body of water

May be an image of 1 person and body of water

Officers and kids arrived about 8 and by 8 15 we all headed out. One boat had caught Spot so they went after Rock right away.

May be an image of 2 people and outdoors

The other 5 boats went after Spot and had nice bite. Current was out going with a gentle south breeze. Once Spot were caught - boats went various directions. Some to bridge , some to Love Point. I gambled and went to Podickery. No boats there - once anchored I saw why. Current was way too strong to live line. Decided to run to east side - no one over at pilings.

After trying about a dozen - knew why. No Rock around despite perfect current and lively Spot.

Kids liked running boat - it felt good as it was getting warm. We found Rock on west side - no big ones but keepers.

No photo description available.

Planned to go after Perch but one youngster was feeling heat so ran in about 12:15. Other boats came in around 1 to 1:30 - cut off time. Kids had a great time - I know officers and boat owners did as well.

·
Registered
15,281 Posts
Thank you for organizing that event and thanks to all Captains for donating their boat and time. It will have an impact on all those kids and hopefully set them in the right direction to respect the police and see them as good guys...........Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts