Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Flag Harbor around 1200 and went South towards Solomons. Made it to the Power plant with no significant action. Crossed the bay to 76 and the fun started - marked tons of bait and singles mostly in 40-55 feet of water. C&R'd three (36, 36, 30) and lost two others all in about an hour and half.

We were pulling chart umbrella, white umbrella, double parachute (white), and chart umbrella with a crippled alewife. All the hits today were on white rigs.

This was our first time trolling the spring season so we were pretty pumped at our marginal success (compared to Sailfish27 today). My twelve year old son and wife both caught their first "big" stripers. Looking forward to a lot more this season.

Thanks to all on the board for helping newbies with techniques, rigs, etc.

Sorry - pictures are only on my daughter's camera phone and I have no idea how to get them off!

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Don't get caught up comparing your day with other seasoned fishermen. Judge your success compared to your own fishing history. Great report;-) --------------

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
You did fine.We put out 14-16 rods and no lie,it's alot of work.We also fished for close to 8 hrs. of trolling time.Our average was 3 fish per hour but we hit a few dead spots with no fish for an hour or so.Be glad you didn't get one of the "milt man" fish. We take it very serious and my dad passed many years of wisdom my way.Don't try to compare catches-you went out and had fun :clapping2: catch some fish :clap: .We "worked" all day.;-) Skip

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
809 Posts
Sounds like a great day to me.....Fishing, family time and you caught some nice fish in a short time span. Way to go Capt.
I have to agree this board has taught me a lot... I even had the pleasure of fishing with some of the guys this year. Now I can't wait to get out and see just how good of a student I am.:clap:

Also good to see you posting your reports!!!:rockingreport: :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts