Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got done standing on the freezer to get it to shut:yes:60 more pds of venison sausage...and killed another 5 pt tonight ...thats 22 on the year...all im missing now is the one for the wall.......he'll come soon enough...maybe tomorrow:thumbup:i'll give it another shot:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
wow...thats impressive. Kill them all! Too many of the freaking things all over the country. Ill be takin the smokepole out tomorrow to try to pop a corn fed. Gotta love a month long muzzie season in Nebraska

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ten four matt:thumbup:its shotgun season here in southern md.......but ive been using my smokepole...aint nothing like a knight:yes:figured id give em a chance........the outa be scared when they smell my high country.......12 of them have been with a bow:Di love to bow hunt:D:D:Dgonna shuck out a 1/2 bushell of oysters real quick and then its off to the deerstand:thumbup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sausage Volunteer

If you're sharing, I'll take some venison sausage. I've always wanted to try some. Do you make your own, or does someone do it for you? Wherd'd you get them oysters, and why are you shucking all of them? Personal consumption or some special gathering?

Fletch

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
IM, How do you make venison sausage?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Grind venison up corse. Mix in - don't shoot me if I'm wrong on the poundages - 4lbs of bacon ends (the fat from bacon - you can order it through a regular grocery meat department or from butcher) to every 10lbs of venison. Re-grind the mixture a touch finer than initial grind. Add in salt, pepper, and SAGE. The more sage the more sausagey it will taste. Mix it in little at a time. We use a George Forman grill which we keep out where we cut our deer up to test it. If the seasoning needs to be changed you can do it before it's wrapped. Very easy.

This is just how we do it, and we have always had great results which we are very pleased with. There are umpteen different ways.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
How can you kill 22 dear in 1 year. Am i missing something. Doug.
No idea about MD laws but in VA private landowners can meet with warden and show him crop damage. Typically he will just hand out lots (I got 30 last year) of damage permits. There are a few types…DCAP DMAP I think are a couple. There are plenty of deer around….

·
Registered
401 Posts
AHhhhhhhggg! No. No no no. You can't be ruining up the deer snauages with some kind of crazy Texas cheese....... that does sound kind of good.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
first things first, 40 pounds of cubed deer meat to 20 pounds of pork trimmings....proper seasoning and double grind in the ol grinder:yes:i add two jars of hot shot...thats a black pepper and cayenne pepper blend...very good stuff.....second of all...crop damage permit is correct...instead of just shooting them i prefer to hunt them:thumbup:makes pretty good practice BUT you are allowed something like 26 deer a year in MD if im not mistaken:yes:something like that....havent checked the rules lately:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and the way to kill 22 deer a year is to spend countless hours a day in the woods....every third week me and the mrs have to get reaquanted...If it werent for her not caring that i hunt i couldnt do it.....Shes the best....and yes i make my own sausage ...and burger...and steak-ems .....and jerky:thumbup:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Deer season and bag Limits in MD

bow season 2 antlered and 10 antlerless, unlimited antlerless in AA Co.,Balt., Howard, montg., and Prince Georges.

Firearm Season; Total Bag Limit 2 antlered and 10 antlerless.

Muzzleloader season ; 2 antlered and 10 antlerless.

As I count it its 36 deer and that right out of the BOOK per season in Maryland

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
buffalo cheddar and peperjack is what we have been blending with.:thumbup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
first things first, 40 pounds of cubed deer meat to 20 pounds of pork trimmings....proper seasoning and double grind in the ol grinder:yes:i add two jars of hot shot...thats a black pepper and cayenne pepper blend...very good stuff.....second of all...crop damage permit is correct...instead of just shooting them i prefer to hunt them:thumbup:makes pretty good practice BUT you are allowed something like 26 deer a year in MD if im not mistaken:yes:something like that....havent checked the rules lately:rolleyes:
No sage? You, sir, are out of your tree if you don't add sage. :poke1:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.