Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I think Alternator manufactures are out to get me. Ok that said here is today's issue (SUV related this time):

I believe (though I will do more testing in morning) that my wife's alternator on her 06 trailblazer is failing (again). Currently when she drive's the car it starts and runs ok but at night when sitting at a stop light with lights and radio on the volt meter drops down below 14 volts (to like 11) when she starts running again it comes back up. At this point the lights also dim some and twice now the truck has stalled when she came to a stop. I now know my boat's is fairly easy to remove so does anyone have an idea of the difficulty on a Trailblazer's engine and any suggestions of whom to purchase one from?
I've got to force myself to become more mechanically savvy if I'm gonna keep vehicles running.

Dave.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Dave, in addition to the usual Clymer and Haynes manuals I use alldata.com. Alldata is an online service that I've used for many years. Site has the tech service bulletins and other things the manufacturer doesn't want the public to know. I think the initial cost is about $29 the first year then $14/yr after that. I have 3 of my vehicles registered on the site. Very good resource. Can't help with a Trailblaser, never looked under th hood of one. Any of the big parts stores should be able to test the alternator.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not when it has 100K miles :D

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure no problem except I'm upside down in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts