Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
The article is pretty clear. Dog hunters are on probation. The recommendations to be used this year are heavy on enforcement and documentation. Nothing is going to happen in Richmond until after the election on revising right-to-retrieve or anything else, but look for congress to take up the issue in January, after the season is over and the VDGIF posts its findings from this season.

In the meantime, like I've said before, the bulk of this falls on hunt clubs to police themselves, and weed out the bad apples and build trust and good relations with the landowners of properties they hunt and that surround their club. They need to do lots of PR.

I think the part about setting up a code of ethics is something else each club should start looking at on their own, if you don't already have one.

My 2 cents...

·
Registered
379 Posts
end all dog hunting!!

Dogs hunting has turned into a bunch of BS. All people do is radio and truck hunt. Oh lets run around with the truck and 4 wheeler to cut off the deer. Sorry that is not hunting!! I can kill more deer still hunting than any dog hunter any day. If owned land and had some dog hunter drop dogs on my land those dogs would meet a 12 gauge real quick. All the hunters i have ever had a problem with have been dog hunters who they think own everyones land. End the use of dogs for deer and problem solved! :thumbup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am not an avid dog hunter but there are also alot of dog hunters who do it the right way. You shooting a dog with a 12 gauge officially makes you a *******. It is people like you who give ammunition to these organizations such as PETA. Talk about white trash................THE END

·
Registered
856 Posts
Dogs hunting has turned into a bunch of BS. All people do is radio and truck hunt. Oh lets run around with the truck and 4 wheeler to cut off the deer. Sorry that is not hunting!! I can kill more deer still hunting than any dog hunter any day. If owned land and had some dog hunter drop dogs on my land those dogs would meet a 12 gauge real quick. All the hunters i have ever had a problem with have been dog hunters who they think own everyones land. End the use of dogs for deer and problem solved! :thumbup:
You are a gutless coward threatening to shoot a mans dog.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You dogs hunters are lame excuses for hunters running around in your ******* white trash trucks and 4 wheelers. The only time u get out of the truck is to shot a deer and most of the time it is out the window of the truck. Talking on the CB all day and driving around is not hunting. I have been to clubs before and it is dangerous bunch of no shooting assholes who could not hit the board side of a barn. Shooting down paths at people. When some dog hunter has no respect for another mans property and drops dogs the hunter should be shot not the dogs. Dogs don't know any better. :nono:

·
Registered
856 Posts
You dogs hunters are lame excuses for hunters running around in your ******* white trash trucks and 4 wheelers. The only time u get out of the truck is to shot a deer and most of the time it is out the window of the truck. Talking on the CB all day and driving around is not hunting. I have been to clubs before and it is dangerous bunch of no shooting assholes who could not hit the board side of a barn. Shooting down paths at people. When some dog hunter has no respect for another mans property and drops dogs the hunter should be shot not the dogs. Dogs don't know any better. :nono:
Another gutlless coward with a lot of mouth.I could bet my life you wouldnt go to any hunt club and say that!!!Fact is us azzholes control most of the leased land in n.c and Va and will continue to do so.Sounds like someone is upset because we are winning our fight.:clap:

·
Registered
742 Posts
WOW, really.....at least you arent making any streo types. If we did the same we would assume that everyone that you hunt with is a jack ass. Ignorant comments like that have no place when it comes to public forums. Having a difference of opinions is one thing, comments like that hurt the entire sport. Come on down to Emporia the opening week of deer season, stop by one of the local clubs and why dont we have this conversation, not sure if you will be quite so mouthy about shooting someone else's dogs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts