Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I am so farkn mad right now. What is it going to take to stop this. We need to get +100 people,news crew,and show up at the NC and voice our concerns. This is out of control !!

·
Registered
214 Posts
NC fisheries management seems to be just as corrupt as Virginia's menhadden management . Daniels is the fox watching the hen house!

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
This does not appear to be normal culling to get legal sized fish. There were stripers under 28" and over the legal limit in the massive fish kill. This appears to be a statement by the trawler fishermen that they own the area and complaining about their practices is not going to have any effect on what they do. They are untouchable.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think that statement or not, they probably get a higher price per pound on larger fish. Think about it. Larger fish = larger, cleaner filets per fish. On top of that, now they can keep at it until they run out of buddies to offload their fish to. Get video of them. Send it to the news media. Prove without a doubt that they are culling and show everybody how much they are wasting this resource. The other states have to do something. If they allow NC to continue, their pocket books will take a hit too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
This is an outrage...WTF, WTF, WTF...Does anyone have phone #'s, email addresses, or any contact info to The NC Fisheries Management so we can bombard them with a group effort...What a natural resource disaster!!!!!!!!!!!! Shame on them...I would not consider this management at all...This is their second chance to get this right and still $uck it up...A total display of disrespect for one of Mother Natures greatest gifts....A VERY SAD DAY FOR N.C. and those affected by it!

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
I think that statement or not, they probably get a higher price per pound on larger fish. Think about it. Larger fish = larger, cleaner filets per fish. On top of that, now they can keep at it until they run out of buddies to offload their fish to. Get video of them. Send it to the news media. Prove without a doubt that they are culling and show everybody how much they are wasting this resource. The other states have to do something. If they allow NC to continue, their pocket books will take a hit too.
Your theory does not float for this situation. Guys who could not get over the bar yesterday were picking up 30 pound plus stripers in the inlet. The net was dumped to show the charter captains and rec fishermen, who drew attention to them, that they were in charge. Yes, it is hard to believe and hard to prove. It is difficult for normal people to even get their heads around such a way of thinking and such wasteful actions.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
As for video, there was a news helicopter in the air, but it was after the dump. Hopefully the full story will come out.<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
968 Posts
This does not appear to be normal culling to get legal sized fish. There were stripers under 28" and over the legal limit in the massive fish kill. This appears to be a statement by the trawler fishermen that they own the area and complaining about their practices is not going to have any effect on what they do. They are untouchable.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Bill, could be wrong and I hope I am, but it wouldn't surprised me that he was given the ok to dump. Why else would he do it after what happened last month, bringing so much attention to it for people who had no idea what was going on to see.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Bill, could be wrong and I hope I am, but it wouldn't surprised me that he was given the ok to dump. Why else would he do it after what happened last month, bringing so much attention to it, for people who had no idea what was going on, to see.
They dumped right outside the inlet on purpose to make a statement that they were in charge and could do whatever they wanted. They were heard on the radio saying they would kill all the stripers and there would be no charters or any trailers at the fishing center. It is hard to think like these guys or make any sense of it. If you try to think logically you are not going to understand what is going on down there.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I give up. Perhaps the truth will dribble out, perhaps not.<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
BAN THE NETS

Make VA and NC Commercial Fishermen HOOK AND LINE their quotas...END this wasteful travesty...

They've got a 2000 lb quota...if they cant hook and line their quota on a single trip too damned bad...

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
They dumped right outside the inlet on purpose to make a statement that they were in charge and could do whatever they wanted. They were heard on the radio saying they would kill all the stripers and there would be no charters or any trailers at the fishing center. It is hard to think like these guys or make any sense of it. If you try to think logically you are not going to understand what is going on down there.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I give up. Perhaps the truth will dribble out, perhaps not.<o:p></o:p>
Pathetic

·
Registered
148 Posts
Get something done!!!

I am so farkn mad right now. What is it going to take to stop this. We need to get +100 people,news crew,and show up at the NC and voice our concerns. This is out of control !!
Lets get a few thousand fisherman together and start a RIOT. Like the one over seas right now.. This has got out of hand.. :nono:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Organize a march on the Raleigh Capitol, where do we start? I`ll go!!!!
This **** has got to stop, I remember when there was no stripers at all,
if you caught one it was big news!!!! Maybe the group that got the SUV`s
banned from the NC beaches can help, even though it`s not birds involved.

Capt.Skid

1 - 20 of 50 Posts