Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wind, wind, wind go away is all I could think Fri. & Sat. Hunting was tough bc they were quiet & if they did gobble you couldn't hear them.

Found some nice tracks on the edge of a field Fri. & went back Sat. afternoon +- 3pm w/ a few decoys, pop-up blind & easy chair. Called 1 time and put it down bc I didn't think anything could hear it but, about 30 min. later he came looking. Once he came out into the sun he broke into a full strut on the edge of the field about 50 yrds. away. Then he started moving the wrong direction so when he turned toward me I let him have it. 55 yrds., Benelli 3 1/2" #5s dropped him.

10" Beard
1 1/8" Spurs

Now its time to start fishing. [excited]

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ketch

1/2 day Sat. & no hunting on Sun. sure makes for a quick hunt on the weekends.

Our property is on the Roanoke River in N.C. which can flood a lot but, we were lucky that the birds had a good hatch last year. Not too many big gobblers, more jakes & hens. One of the guys saw 15 jakes in a single group last week !

The club is 37 yrs. old & we're loosing the majority of our property +- 2,000 acres after deer season to the N.C. Wildlife dept. Next year will be permit hunting in 3 day slots on most of the area for rifle deer & turkey which is tough to swallow and certainly will not be as safe not knowing who's in the woods.

Russ

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yea, I know. Its just killing me seeing big birs in the fields in the afternoon and not being able to set up on them. I'm still having trouble with them in the morning. Maybe tommorrow will be my day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts