Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I say this every month, but it's true... getting together last night and talkin' fishin' was a LOT of fun!

Our illustrious VP, Uncljohn, took home "Fisherman of the Month" honors with his 24 1/8" pickerel (that just happens to be leading the SRRKC's inaugural Pickerel Derby). Congratulations, John!

A lot of talk about what the SRRKC can be doing to support the Severn River fishery ... Virgil, Woody, et al, are going to gather some info from DNR and CBF to see what would be most helpful and appropriate. Assessing, and hopefully tightening, the current pickerel regulations is one area where there seemed to be unanimous support.

Also, it looks like we'll be setting aside a portion of the pot from future tournaments to use / donate for Severn River fishery causes ... great idea Big E!

We had a couple new-comers last night: Skip Zinck came by to join us and talk shop, and Greg Allen bought the attending members a round to become an "Official SRRKC Member in Good Standing" :)

... and so, we've got one more month to try to top UJ's big fish... hopefully the ice doesn't freeze up too hard and we'll have some good fishing days ahead.

Great seeing everyone, and I look forward to hearing about everyone's exploits next month.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nice! Sorry I missed it. I was planning on going but the family got in the way. :( Oh well there is always next month!

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Today looks like the last above-freezing day for a week. It does not look good for creek fishing. :( The word "cold" shows up in each day's forecast. Man oh man. Trying to hook a minnow thru the mouth is going to be near impossible. He'll be a minnow-cicle by the time he hits the water. :eek:

I gladly accept my current position of whipping-post. ;)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah... someone left their jacket at the meeting... I've got it... just let me know who it belongs to. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
El Presidente forgot to mention that he arrived about 45 minutes late to the meeting with some lame excuse about having to work:D :D :D

Great seeing everyone again. Roadhouse was a good choice for the meeting - good food and great beer :) .

Congrats, UnclJohn for the getting the monthly honors!!

·
Premium Member
26,133 Posts
Fun to meet everyone last night.If my wife asks-the meetings always end at 4:15 am.:D Skip

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
I gladly accept my current position of whipping-post. ;)
I nominated John to the position of Official SRRKC Whipping Boy, which got a unamious vote of approval... at least from my end of the table. :D

Unc... congrats on Fisherman of the Month honors!
Not too shabby for someone who can't even catch a cold. :p

·
Registered
728 Posts
What were you and fisham doing all night long?!?!?:eek: He didn't get home until 6.....
Hey, that's none of your business little John. If two men want to stay up all night drinking beer and practicing Greco-Roman wrestling I think they should be able to do so without fear of retribution. :D

BTW: I was in Gaithersburg and have the marks to prove it.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Hey, that's none of your business little John. If two men want to stay up all night drinking beer and practicing Greco-Roman wrestling I think they should be able to do so without fear of retribution. :D

BTW: I was in Gaithersburg and have the marks to prove it.
Is that what you call it-"practicing"? So obviously you had a little farther to drive home than Skip did. Hey, what happpens in Gaitherburg stays in Gaitherburg...as far as I'm concerned.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.
6,189 Posts
Unc... congrats on Fisherman of the Month honors!
Not too shabby for someone who can't even catch a cold. :p
Oh my Gawd :confused: , Capt Kevin, that was low man. I mean that was really low, as in lower than whale "sheet", and that's sitting on the bottom of the ocean.:eek:

Actually dropped in to confirm that I definetly enjoyed myself and it's rare for me to go out after dark. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts