Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning, Mike took Larry Jennings and Herb fishing for Yellow Perch in the Susquehanna. They managed, once again, to catch many Perch. Mike's estimate was over 250. Of the fish they caught, they had two that measured 14 inches. The fish that are being held, in the pictures are the 14" fish and the rest, on the floor are all over 11 inches.

Another great day on the Susqy.

Be sure to fill out your YP survey reports when you go fishing.

Ele

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Good report. I see the sized of Mike's baits are getting bigger than those he started with a couple weeks ago. The past few days its been dang cold . I'm surprised that area isn't frozen up more than what it is.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great Trip!

Ele - thanks for posting the report. The big baits probably reduced the catch of smaller fish but it was incredible to me how many big fish there were as we were pretty much catching non-stop - except Herb in the front of the boat who complained that Mike put him in the bad spot each drift.

Mike's enclosure on his boat sure makes a nice wind block outside it so it didn't feel that cold and even though the guides could occasionally freeze up, his "short rods" (broken tips with new, big top guide) sure helped reduce the need.

Amazing recovery in 3 years for YP and for us to so easily catch our 30 fish limit of my favorite catchable fish to eat in just over two hours is pretty incredible.

It will be truly impressive if we can get 14 inchers regularly as my big one sure seemed to be in a separate class with impressive shoulders and big humpback. Nice to get a citation for it and be entered into the Maryland Fishing Challenge for the first time.

Thanks Mike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts