Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Caught around 630 pm on Li'l Jimy bucktail. Caught 4 others in about 45 minutes that were small.

View attachment 185738
Congrats. Quick comment though. You seem to be hooked on your particular lure. I get it. When I first started fishing the potomac for striper I fell into the same trap. First lure that caught a keeper I thought was magic. It's not. Point being they are hungry now and will bite almosy anything at certain times. Expirament some is my strong advice. Your bucktail isn't magic. Other lures will catch more and bigger fish at certain times (gulp swimming mullets, tandem bucks, top water etc.... tight lines.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats. Quick comment though. You seem to be hooked on your particular lure. I get it. When I first started fishing the potomac for striper I fell into the same trap. First lure that caught a keeper I thought was magic. It's not. Point being they are hungry now and will bite almosy anything at certain times. Expirament some is my strong advice. Your bucktail isn't magic. Other lures will catch more and bigger fish at certain times (gulp swimming mullets, tandem bucks, top water etc.... tight lines.
Point taken and that's good advice. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts