Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fianally got out a week ago Saturday w/son Mack (my screen name namesake) and had a couple of wierd issues w/lcz 28c less than a year old.

01. Sonar screen all of a sudden went completely yellow and orange. could see bait/fish through the haze but something not right.

02. GPS went off. Got a pop up something to the effect of : GPS module not functioning or something to that effect.

I would be very thankful for any advice on either of these two issues. Unit has performed really well since installed last march.

Mike S

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
First make sure cable from GPS antenna is clean and tight to the unit. I keep a light coating of dielectric grease on the contact pins. Also check all other connections.

Try a re-set. With the unit off push and hold page, then continue to push and hold both the page and power button until you see the map of the US. This will take a couple of minutes. If that does not work, call Lowrance.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mike,

Not familiar with the 28c, but I had a couple of issues with mine this year. My GPS stopped working, so I downloaded the latest firmware from lowrance and installed for both the head unit and the GPS module. This didn't help so I cleaned all the connections on the back of the head unit with electrical contact cleaner and added some dielectric grease to the pins, again didn't help. Then I traced the power for the GPS back to the fuse, and the fuse was corroded and needed to be cleaned up. On came the GPS!!!!

Now for the orange/yellow on the df screen, mine does this when I back up and the disturbance from the prop interferes with the transducer.

As Wild Bill said, if all else fails reset the unit and see if this helps.

Good Luck !!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, I'll check the fuse, wire nut connections for corrosion and reset if needed
connections were all tight and everything looked ok on the GPS ant. and wireing

Mike S

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Your using wire nuts for your connections? You may want to switch to a combination of liquid black tape and heat shrink tubing to help keep moisture out even if they are not currently corroded.

Just a suggestion

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts