Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fished 1/2 out of OI and had a great day with some nice fish... Began the morning in thick fog and found a few charter boats working just outside the inlet... We decided to join the party and dropped our gear over hooking up pretty quickly on a nice fish that came off right at the boat... After regrouping we decided to move up the beach as it seemed like everyone left the area... We moved north up the beach to an area where hundreds of boats had fished the past couple days but were reporting smaller fish... Surprisingly no other boats were in sight... We started back trolling just inside the 3 mile line in Kill Devil Hills off the Wright Brothers Monument.. After finding no action out by the 3 mile line we decided to move closer to the beach where we began picking up fish one at a time... We'd mark fish and slowly circle back and pick up another... The fish we were getting were very nice so we decided to stay put... After putting 4 or 5 in the box the bite turned on and we finished out our limit in short order... Biggest fish came on my homemade mojos/parachutes and the umbrella rigs were also very effective... The only thing that didn't catch a fish on this day was the Stretches which we ended up ditching... I knew we had some nice fish and the scale confirmed this with the first fish weighing in at 46lbs, the next at 43lbs, another at 38lbs and many others in the 30-35lb range... The best part about it was catching with no one else in sight... I'm trying to add some pictures but looks like i need to delete some stuff first...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Nice report and glad you got some NICE fish. Congrats!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Nice going on the big fish. :rockingreport::rockingreport:

Kevin
Weeeknd Mistress

PS You may have to make the JPE files smaller before you can attach them?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How close in were you catching?
We were fishing in 25 - 50ft of water most of the day... Most of the fish came in 35ft less than a mile off the beach... There were a couple guys on kayaks that had beach launched out past us at one point but as you can see in that last picture we were the only boat around... That last picture was also one of the first fish of the day and about the farthest out were fished all day... We moved inside and i started sheding layers as we continued catching fish...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes sir--that's what I'm talking about! That's a great pair of stripers. I'm looking to try my luck this weekend. I plan to launch from Owl Creek and head south. How many miles is it to the southern honey holes?

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
very nice job indeed, just like the good ole days ~

1 - 12 of 12 Posts