Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to contribute another reason to add to the parking lot at the High Rise.:thumbup: The nice fish are here, and we all know that fishing with eels is productive.

While I was working, my buddies were catching big fish at the High Rise. Between patients, my friend Ladona left 4 voice mails and texts telling me to get over there as soon as I got off work; they were coming in to get us. That's all I needed to hear. I raced over to Lynnhaven.

Ladona, Bobby, Jimmy and I arrived around at 6:30, to find boats lining almost every inch of the bridge. We found an opening and backed up to the bridge and put out 3 rods. The tide was just slowing down, so we were preparing to move, when one of the rods doubled over. Ladona was thrilled with her 48-inch rockfish release!

After we moved to the other side and re-anchored (and Bobby chased off a boat that was trying to tie to the pilling we were fishing on) we dropped the baits again. We used bobbers, 4 to 6 foot leaders, and a combination of 8/0 circle and J-hooks. The next fish up awarded me a solid 45.5-incher. Bobby also had another at 45-inches, and we had one or two more at about 40. We left when the current began ripping, with about 3 hours of fishing in. We had a blast!! :clapping2:
Be careful out there guys!

Smile Vertebrate Fin Fisherman Fish
Smile Vertebrate Fisherman Fishing net Fishing
Hat Sneakers Glove Sleeve Boot
Smile Vertebrate Cap Flash photography Cool
Fishing net Automotive tire Glove Fish Workwear

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts