Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the topic of small boat shotgun lines, has anyone made their one center rigger for a small boat hard top? We run a 27' Cat. The rod in the top works ok until a fish hits. Getting that thing down once or twice with a fish on is ok, but gets old reel quick when that's all the bluefins are hitting.

I'd like to rig something up where in the rod holder where I can run a release clip up and leave the rod in the leaning post.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Lee makes a center holder clamp on mount that attaches to a horizontal tube on the hardtop - works well, i have a 15' Lees center rigger double rigged. Al300 series - 4 different sizes for different pipe diameters

·
Registered
406 Posts
Taco makes an easy to mount center rigger. Their normal outriggers will also fit in the rocket launchers. I ve tryed it out because i have an extra outrigger due to the fact that its partner is on the bottom of the ocean off Hatteras somewhere. Also tried to make some other pices of **** center riggers that failed. I agree it is a PITA gettin the rods out of the top with a fish on but is seems to work the best for me and it keeps the line out of the way when you get multiple fish.

·
Registered
782 Posts
If your tight with money or only gonna use it a few times...try another rod up on the rocket launcher and put a release clip or rubber band to hold your line up there....then when the fish hits it will release and you can have the main rod with the fish back down in the gunnel where its easier to handle....
A box of #64 rubber bands with keep you in releases a while or just buy a roller troller from aftco or similar manufacturer....you can use them on the flat lines as well.....

·
Registered
603 Posts
CHEAP Center rigger.... 1" PVC pipe in 6' length with an eye bolt in the end. You can affix a release clip or use the poor man's rlease, a rubber band. I made one but used 1/2" PVC. It was too flimsy, will make one out of 1" and it should do well. If I ever get out there again......

Patrick
Pat N Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts