Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out playing on the river yesterday and found a sturgeon that was washed up just above park 500. It was about six feet long, and STINKING! It appeared to have a diachi circle hook still in it's mouth. GTB??
I can't post the pics from here so Dayton will post for me.
Jay

·
Registered
556 Posts
I hope it doesn't have any Diachi hooks in it. It would make me pretty upset if that's what killed it.

Catnaround, I just called VIMS and left a message for Chris Hagar. I'm sure he is going to want to take a look at it. I might launch my boat from Osbourne tonight to go look at it with Catnaround. Anybody else want to go? 314-9629.

·
Registered
122 Posts
did you get any fillets off the fish? Just cook it really good and add some Tobasco and it should not smell too bad.

I hope all the big ones aren't dropping dead - that is just getting to breeding age.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Jay took me out this evening to look at the Sturgeon. Massive fish. 89 inches long and had an estimated girth of 35-40 inches(could only measure one side b/c of stuff coming out of it when we picked it up). I'm hoping VIMS is going to pick it up so we can learn what killed it......and there was no Diachi hook in it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts