Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be going to Corolla Aug. 12-18th. I plan on bringing my 23 WA. I have no problem runing offshore but will need to fish the bay with the kids. what will be around this time of year?
I have been told it will be a good time for flounder but do you use the same style bucktails and jigs as you would for Ocean City or Chincoteuge? And also what is the bait of choice for other species? Any and all info will help.

Thanks...

·
Registered
433 Posts
We really dont have a bay, it's a inlet and then the sound( not sure if you have been here before). Flounder - bottom rig or flounder rid with live minnows, squid or fresh strips. Small blues - same as flounder or troll if you see them on top (spanish also). Trout - same as flounder or grubs. Small Bottom fish - blood worms or shrimp. SouthWest wind the sound will be grassy and poor fishing, light northeast wind incomming tide works for the flounder. If you havent been here before the sound is very shallow so stay in the channel but get out of the way when fishing. There is some deep sloughs around but they came be tricky to get to even when you know where they are. Good luck. Fish Tails

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.