Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all local anglers near Jekyll's Island. This year the family get together will be on Jekyll's Island. Never been there and know nothing about the waters. We'll be down the first week in August and wondered if I should trailer my 18' boat down for the week. I fish in the Chesapeake Bay so I've got the usual assortment of trolling and bottom gear. I also enjoy surf fishing and could stick with that if shore fishing would be active that time of year. I read somewhere that kings and spanish may be trolled close to shore during the summer and that the Island has a new baot ramp. I'm not much into sharking but if thats what it takes for the reel to scream I'd give it a try! Any and all suggestions would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wish I could be of some help to you. I had no access to a boat when I was down there, and had to fish from shore but due to the wind I had very little luck. There is a fishing shop in the shopping center right as you enter the island and they should be able to offer you some advice. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts