Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering cause i didnt catch a darn thing. Makes me wonder why i bough this boat[wink]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Went out of Deep Bottom this morning and got bait pretty easily. I took a friend from work and we fished a couple cat holes and got a fewsmall ones. One went 42lbs. Stripers pretty thick around presquile, after the cat bite slacked off went to Richmond for some Hickories. Catch was on pretty good but we werent geared up for them today. Luckily i had a few gold spoons and that is all it took. Met some Tidal fishers this morning, good to see some of you guys got out on the river and enjoyed this nice day.

42lb.

Richmond

·
Registered
846 Posts
My brothers from Lynchburg and Charlottesville came over today. We fished two boats. We got on the river at first light. Fished with Hickory Shad we caught yesterday. Good striper bite early. We caught seven from 7 to 20 pounds. Caught the first cat at 7:00. We caught 9 nice ones from 21 to 38 pounds and another 10 or so juniors. The bite was pretty much over by 11:00 for us. Lots of people out fishing today. This will be my last fishing trip this spring as I am leaving for South America Wednesday and won't be back until late June. Wear them out while I'm gone. I will be checking this board from afar. Good luck to everyone and many thanks to all of you for helping me out with circle hooks.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
Slow day here. One 38 lb. cat and a dink.

Willis hooked me up with bait - is that cool or what?!?!? Highlite of my day. Well, that and friend gave me a pork loin and I had a couple awesome sandwiches. But free, easy bait beats a nice sandwich any day. Thanks Willis.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Went Sat evening...caught a few shad up in Richmond.

How are y'all fishing for stripers? Where (without giving up any secret honey hole) are you fishing for stripers?

How long will the stripers be there?

·
Registered
434 Posts
yea I almost ran into you sunday night chris....you were fishing the end of a dock in the "dutch gap" area....I got a lil off-course because my GPS cut off...did you catch anything there??I fished that spot hard that morning

1 - 14 of 14 Posts