Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll have 4-5 grandkids on board Sunday with little adult supervision. No way I'm trolling. Any chance I can get on some perch for them around Annapolis? Too early for Spot or Croaker methinks. Bloods?
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
My go too spot for early Perch is Hacketts. I use depth finder to search around but 9 times out of 10 - find a few due west of can about 50 feet. Should be 22-24 feet of water.

Fresh bloodworms without a doubt is best bait until waters warm up.

Most years I try there when Blue Angels fly and get a few. The air show is next Weds (20th ) - I'll guess a few Perch will be there.

# 4 spinner hooks help attrach them.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Skipper! I'm guessing things will be a little late this year all around. Maybe have to do a sightseeing cruise. My 496 loves to suck up that 89 octane ;-) .

Take care,
My go too spot for early Perch is Hacketts. I use depth finder to search around but 9 times out of 10 - find a few due west of can about 50 feet. Should be 22-24 feet of water.

Fresh bloodworms without a doubt is best bait until waters warm up.

Most years I try there when Blue Angels fly and get a few. The air show is next Weds (20th ) - I'll guess a few Perch will be there.

# 4 spinner hooks help attrach them.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Steve, I know you may not have a lot of help to get fish in but you can try using whole bloods or get some fresh bunker to try and catch some rock and fish it off the bottom east of Hacketts just a little deeper if you plan on anchoring up. Even if you set up for perch you can still try for some rock.

Weather is looking up for Sunday. Not sure if I'll be out in that area Saturday or Sunday early AM depending on weather.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dave. Not sure we'll anchor up but like the idea to splurge on some whole bloods and drift the edges. Thanks.

·
Registered
439 Posts
BTW, I still need to break in that new rod. Drew and I have been out a few times LT with no luck for me yet. However, I'm sure that will change soon. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts