Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is a flounder maniac. We would like to get in on some early spring flounder fishing, when does it usually turn on down there at Wachapreague? I have a long weekend min March 27, Could that be a good time to fly out there from my home in Utah? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i dont think the season really starts until then somewhere around the end of march are the first of april but that is usually about the time they start to catch them at wach. you might want to check to see about the new size regulations that are about to be voted on in the next couple of weeks.i think there is a big change getting ready to happen.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Last year eight of us fished there for several days the weekend of March 26th and we caught a lot of fishing. It was cold and nasty, but the flounder were snapping. Of course this year could be different depending on what the weather does.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
I understand that the regs are going to get voted on February 27th and for what I hear they are going to be some big changes. Jack I hope the fish are there again for us in a couple of weeks but it ain't looking to good right now.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
when the water temp rises a bit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts