Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was listening to the vhf radio on sunday when i heard the coast guard announce that there was a capsized boat near York Spit.........anyone have any info on it?

·
Registered
409 Posts
It was a buddy of mine. Everyone was okay but the 20' walkaround is a total loss most likely. Rough conditions, plus current pushing the boat stern to the sea with a notched transom, plus a big boat crossing behind them caused too much water to crash over the transom fast. The boat flipped bow over stern. Be careful out there when it's rough!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy [email protected]! Bow over stern! Glad everyone is OK, and if they list any gear tell them to hit me up, I'm a diver and can help them look for their stuff........

·
Registered
329 Posts
I flipped a boat, but i flipped stern over bow, thankfully it was a 10' flat bottom jon boat, about 25 years ago... trying to push out on a strong incoming tide, 2 big rolling swells, cleared the first just fine just nosed into the second and it only looked like an inch or so of water came over the bow and in less than a second we were airborne headfirst into the inlet... ahhh good times! People wonder why i get a little edgy in my 17' deep V when it gets choppy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts