Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a charter Sunday and when I passed the third there were atleast 6 boats on top or near the top of the rock, drifting, motoring etc. Anyone hear of someone getting damage ?

I cant believe no one tore something up. They were on top of it heavy ( from the island all the way out) as if no one had a care in the world.

·
Registered
270 Posts
They probably don't even know that it is there.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Buddy of mine said he counted 91...NINETY ONE boats between the third and forth island Sunday...had to be a parking lot with Pandemonium and Dancing Bears in the streets...not to mention a few crossed lines and ill tempers...

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
They will be at Cape Henry soon enough!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
And everyone was complaining about gas prices, now look at them all, be careful what you wish for.:boat:

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
once they hit it they'll stay away from it.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Too Many Boats!

Speaking of boat traffic, I am thinking about fishing Wednesday & Friday and stay away from the crazy holiday weekend traffic.

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
CCA VA

·
Registered
109 Posts
Late sunday afternoon we left the high rise area to cast to the rocks on the bay side of the third. We were going by the barge dropping rocks with a respectable distance for safety and this idiot in a brown 20' IO something runs between us and the barge probably 30 mph or more within 5 or 10 feet of the barge. I told Eddie what an idiot he is gonna kill somebody one day. Well 5 minutes later we drift storms over the tube couple times and I hear a loud crunch and who can it be but that same idiot not on plane but moving pretty fast when he nailed the rogue rock. They got up off the floor raised the lower unit put it back down and kept going. Now I don't wish bad on anybody but maybe that will do him some good and get him to slow down in heavy traffic and be careful. Too many people driving boats and vehicles crazy.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ho hum

You won't even be able to find a parking space at the ramp soon enough. I was one of those idiots between the 3rd and 4th for about 30 mins Sunday just to fill my limit. In 30 minutes I had my fill of the fun LOL. Was it me or was the tide really low about noon to 1pm>? What I saw and noticed its not someone just running on top of it but someone is going to get pushed by other boats that way while trolling. Mostly from what I saw noone got that close to the rock only a couple of non believers but like I said that was only 30 mins.. And I didn't see anyone get tangled which was amazing. I'm sure a few other regular respectable TF posters (or idiots as others have stated:pp) can chime in as I saw there boats in the tangled web that was being weaved. Don't ya just love stripers season:D.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts