Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent brothers
Please excuse this :eek:fftopic: thread, but; I got into Jimmy Buffett about 6 years ago when we went to Universal Orlando and did the Margerettaville thing. Now I'm into it and have CD's and have a satalite radio service with Radio Margerettaville locked and loaded. Now I want to go to a concert, but; I hear it's impossible to get tickets. Anyone actually know for sure how to get concert tickets or is it a lost cause??

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I whent a few years ago and did'nt have too much trouble getting tix. If it sells out quick just check the brokers at Craigslist.com. They usually are pretty reasonable. Just remember its puff puff pass. Don't break the rhythm.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Tix for Nissan go on sale at 10am Friday...better than average internet connection and you'll get them . I think the show is June 26 this year . Setup an acoount at Ticketbastard as this sometimes helps process request quicker...it'll be over in about 3-4 minutes

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
John, listen to a CD, on a hammock, under a faux palm tree, with a flowered lei around your neck, all set up in your front yard. Same thing. PLUS you won't have to share a doobie with the guy next to you.

Honestly Nissan is the worst place ever to go see a show. I'm MUCH closer than you are and it took me three hours, ONCE. I never ever went back.
I'm doing Key West on Wednesday, I've never been in his store, but will sacifrice an hour for you. What do you want ?

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
I just wait til he comes home...and hangs at his Restaurant in Key West

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eminent Brother,
Thanks, I HATE traffic jams. Please don't buy anything for me while you are in Key West. I don't want anything official cause we did Margerettaville Orlando last July and I had to go long for SWMBO and Bludworm to look like Parrot Heads. I hope to get to Key West someday myself (insert green with envy icon here)

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
its supposed to be a slower pace here, but at the pace I'm going, I'll burn out 10 years before my allotted time...but what a way to go...there is absolutely no lack of SOMETHING to do...went back across the street again just before sunset and burned thru 15 pinfish in about 90 minutes. The first Tarpon hit before I had engaged the spool on the calcutta and the last, jumped and sent my hook and float straight back at me, I had a lapse of attention and let my pinfish get too close to the sea wall and another big Grey Snapper nailed it it was about 5 lbs and a good hard tussle on my Tarpon rig, I can't imagine what it would be like to get one the size of the record ( 17 lbs)

·
Registered
999 Posts
I see you live in Annapolis. You should be able to buy tickets from the customer service dept at Macy's in Annapolis Mall or Record & Tape Traders in Annapolis. Call them ahead of time to make sure they are selling tickets. Here is a list of all the ticket center sites.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/tcenters/md.html

Get to the ticket center 1/2 hour before tickets go on sale and you should be okay. I usually choose this way over buying them over the internet. I'm assuming the people at the ticketmaster centers are connected directly to the ticketing system. You don't have to worry about the ticketmaster web server getting bogged down. One less machine to cause a bottle neck.

I've seen him in concert about 6-7 times. After seeing him 3-4 times, I just started to show up to tailgate party without tickets. I would scalp tickets right before or after the show started. I would always managed to find someone who would sell them for face value or less at the last minute. If I didn't find tickets then I would just continue to tailgate with the others who didn't have tickets. Half the fun is the tailgate party:chugbeer: . Merriweather used to let anyone in without tickets. I can't remember if its the same for Nissan.

I have to agree the Nissan, VA traffic sucks. I wish he would come back and play at Merriweather.
:goodluck2: and :rockon:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have seen Buffet 2 times, once at merriweather and once at Nissan. By far merriweather is the place to be. 3 hours to get home from Nissan. Shouldnt be to much of a problem to get tickets but I am not sure I would wait in line somewhere. If the show sells out in a few minutes you have a much better chance of getting them over the internet. Best tailgate party you will ever go to. Make sure you have the wife cover her eyes from time to time and you wont get an earful either!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I haven't been to a Buffet concert in over 10 years but we use to go to Merriweather. Tailgated then the concert; it was a great time.

We never had trouble getting tickets. Just went to Ticket Masters on the day they went to sale and got them without a problem.

- Dae

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eminent Brothers,
Thanks for all the advice, it's going to save me a lot of brain damage. But I do still want to see a Buffett concert and go to Key West. Someday anyway.....maybe if our DD Trip gets canciled today, I'll go to the local Cheeseburger in Paradise, partake in some adult beverages and attempt to recover from my disappointment

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I used to go to the shows quite a bit, but when the tailgate scene became overrun with frat boys driving new Volvo's and Range Rovers it was time to fade away....same thing was happening at the Dead shows toward the end as well...it sucks growing up.
Pat in Joppa

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Went to a Buffet concert many moons ago @ Merriweather with wife and sister-in-law. All three of us were hanging around the beer truck when out of nowhere some chick comes up wraps her arms around me and locks lips with me. I was turning blue from lack of oxygen. To this day the wife never did say anything. Maybe that's why I had my heart attack and not from the cheesburgers in paradise. :D

its supposed to be a slower pace here, but at the pace I'm going, I'll burn out 10 years before my allotted time...but what a way to go...there is absolutely no lack of SOMETHING to do...went back across the street again just before sunset and burned thru 15 pinfish in about 90 minutes. The first Tarpon hit before I had engaged the spool on the calcutta and the last, jumped and sent my hook and float straight back at me, I had a lapse of attention and let my pinfish get too close to the sea wall and another big Grey Snapper nailed it it was about 5 lbs and a good hard tussle on my Tarpon rig, I can't imagine what it would be like to get one the size of the record ( 17 lbs)
Capt. Bob let me try your awful dilema! :fishing2:

G

·
Went to several Merriweather shows, used to fill the bed of the truck with sand and a keg for the tailgate, saw a couple guys with a hot tub and generator on a landscape trailer one year. Any way, was down in key west in Jan of 95, hanging out at Margaritaville, JB makes one of his unscheduled appearances. Was thinking this is so %^%^&$$ cool!! That is until they made everyone leave the bar and pay a 10 buck cover to get back in!!! Been a tad disillusioned with Mr Buffet ever since then. Still like to listen, but doubt seriously if I'll ever lay out any serious coin to go see him again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Graybeard,

If you're into Buffett you gotta checkout www.radiomargaritaville.com, they stream uninterupted Buffett and others. Makes cubical life much better.

I've been to a few concerts at Merriweather, I wouldn't go to Nissan too far to have any real fun. If I was going to go again I'd make a destination out of it, say Tampa or Carolina?

br,
JohnD

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Hey Nemo, if he's living in Alabama some one needs to tell him there's an impostor living in his Key West home...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
got'em.....

Was able to get 6 in the pavillion section 305. Me and some high school buddies have been running a bus since '92, and only missed one year. Sometimes run two Greyhounds, but this year looks like just one. We set out the whoooole spread, so closer to the date I'll send an approximate parking lot location and maybe we can all meet for a cocktail! :clap:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts