Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the weather will be OK for the weekend, especially the wind forecast. Of course that can change. Water Temps are lower than average and from all indicators overall Rockfish population is down. I am looking forward to getting out but not hearing too many positive indications from reliable sources. Anyone care to express their opinions on the next few weeks in the Lower Potomac?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
lots of boats, lots of idiots, lots of cursing and taunting on radio. Where there are 3 boats more boats will come in blindly, then there will be 12 boats bunched up and everyone wondering why they aren't catching. Haven't participated in opening day in 6 years- don't miss it

·
Registered
843 Posts
Lower Potomac I caught and released a 37" striper this past Saturday with barbless hooks off planer board out front of the Yeocomico River. Fish are around.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rocksandblues, I couldn't agree more. I am leaning towards waiting a few weeks vs fighting the crowds. My gut is that most of the fish are gonna be pre-spawn anyhow and will be staging in the upper tribs. Fish will be caught of course but my experience tells me that the better fishing will be in a few weeks when they start exiting the river. My buddy is eager to get out on Saturday and Sunday and I will probably get out and shake the rust off. With the weather forecast its gonna be a zoo out there. I avoid the crowds and will probably pick a few spots that have produced early in the season but are off the radar for most folks. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
lots of boats, lots of idiots, lots of cursing and taunting on radio. Where there are 3 boats more boats will come in blindly, then there will be 12 boats bunched up and everyone wondering why they aren't catching. Haven't participated in opening day in 6 years- don't miss it
lol, like that scene in Jaw's 20 boats in one spot trying.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I Kick back & watch some reports & photos, when it looks good, Blast Off ! good luck & safety to you all tight lines see yunz on the water!

·
Registered
390 Posts
yep here's one.......... I am going to put some steel in their jaw tomorrow.....me and the boys ,,,,sons grandsons 35 to 10 years old combed hair made leaders till 11 or so last night ...just here in Reedville airing out the house waiting on the guys.............

·
Registered
195 Posts
Maryland report says fish have just starter spawning. Don't expect much at the mouth of the river. The farther up you are (St. Clements or above), the more likely you are to find fish. Big boys are heading to the Sound.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Maryland report says fish have just starter spawning. Don't expect much at the mouth of the river. The farther up you are (St. Clements or above), the more likely you are to find fish. Big boys are heading to the Sound.
thats all good but reports are old news.........potomac is not the only water in Maryland....so anywho I got a month to play and do about 30 hrs. maintenance before the momma crowds start coming in (JUNE) lol....I swear I am gonna try and do them before last few days here ...you guys get em wish all some knockdowns oh yeah that come tight.........

·
Registered
390 Posts
had to try 132 gallons of fuel worth ....baits was tired I drug so far and cleaned em so much...monday though relocated found 3 over 40 then changed up location wow 3 over 40.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts