Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize the big boys will start showing sooner then later but has anybody had any luck from the rapp to the Potomac. Im in Reedville and will be trying this weekend just don't want to waste time .

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Have not seen one above the WSB on the Rapp all summer long. Tried for them many many times. Lots of theories on this board for why they are not here. I all know is they are not here.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ditto for me on the Potomac. 1000+ LTJ casts this summer and not a one along with several hours of cut bait soaking. If I'm going to catch them though it is usually best from mid August until the first big cold front of September so jury is still out whether a few will show up.

I'm not expecting anything but I'll be throwing another 1000 or so casts Thur/Sunday this week and will report what I find. Guessing the start of a good topwater striper bite with some croaker and maybe a dink blue mixed in but no reds. Hope I'm wrong about the reds.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's dissapointing. Slate have you caught any in the lower rapp? I was going to try for them around dividing creek/dameron marsh. Just bought some poppers and gulp minnows.

I will be out Thurs/Sun. Considering an evening trip for big drum as well.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Saturday evening I went casting around the property - I like to hit a the white perch with a #5 spinning outfit - lots of technical casting and complicated situations and up until 2 years ago was catching perch, puppy, striper and croaker at equal rates - On a chart its called Drum Cove.

Got about 10 nice WP and then had a pick up and very strong drag burning run (20 yards) then another and I thought to myself - Here is an elusive puppy... maybe of some size!

Got it in only to find myself with the biggest croaker of the year (for me) - 15" - he just pretending to have a spot on his tail

1 - 5 of 5 Posts