Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going fishing out of the South River this evening and looking for GENERAL area that the fish are. We did pretty well just NE of the bridge (sewer pipe ish) about two weeks back then struck out there last week. Seems fish have moved. Let me know how you guys are doing and where

·
Registered
913 Posts
On Monday, found some breakers in the ship channel south of the bay bridge. Mostly small fish, but we did get 2 keeper rock and a fat 14" blue.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support Tidal Fish
684 Posts
Obviously, if a 14" blue is reportable, not much. Go get your rock and then go past love point either in the river or at the narrows. White perch are game. Be careful of overstated reports. Things are harder because their are less fish.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
It's been a banner year for white perch this season on the oyster bars in 15 to 25 feet of water. If you don't get any on your first drift, move, and bloodworms are the bait of choice. Thinly cut spot strips also work well. Spot have been kind of hard to find. We had some breakers last Thursday south of the bridge, mostly in the 14 to 20+ inch range, but we didn't keep any of the legal ones. Top water plugs were key, and that was a blast. I've heard reports of Spanish mackerel down south, but none anywhere near here. From what I've read, the croaker fishing is on fire down south as well near PLO.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fished E. Bay near Poplar Fri and Sat last weekend, mostly on breaking fish and birds. We were mostly flyfishing. Generally a small class of blues and rock, although one school had some nice rock in it. Boated one spanish and hooked another on the fly that were mixed in with the bigger school of rock- very fun on the long rods.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the help guys. Got blown out last night, but will try again Thursday or so. I will report back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts