Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Same stuff as always just new year. The 28 was there I didnt get on because I had specific instructions from the wife not to come home with a new boat:(

·
Registered
987 Posts
Worked the MSSA booth Saturday, there are some sweeeeeet deals going on.
Yes Hank, it's there:D
Never realized how nice of a boat that is. First time I have ever been on one and it was on land. Stinks

36' Grady didn't look too bad either!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mikle pick me up one of the Ice Blue Southport 28TE.:D
Ravens16 they ride even better than they look. If you haven't been on one you owe it to your self to test ride one to see what the Hoopla is all about. A lot like a Jet Ski rides over the top of most waves and dry as a bone.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
spoke with the factory rep, said it was $170K. Nice boat and factory rep is a great guy, shared lots of fishing stories. Still like the Reg29 & Seavee29, but like not having a boat payment even more :D looks like another season on the Reg23

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Think the boat show is pretty nice this year. The Southport is the nicest boat (fishing) at the show. Nice hull, Nice layout and looks awesome. The weight is also nice on that rig.. Going back on Wednesday . BTW Boaters world had great a great deal on the ICOM 302 @ 83.00. BTW I'm in no way affiliated with BW.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
I'm going wed evening. I'll be the tall, good lookin dude with a 'one fish' hat on.
:D

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Phil If I bought something that was bigger than the Southport 28TE I would wait until Southport came out with there 31 & 34 which are in the works. Its the ride much more than the fit,and finish that makes the boat for me. The back can't stand the pounding any more I'm getting up in age these days.:D

·
Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
1,109 Posts
Hank... I think you should keep a 28 up here, and get the 34 for the southern ranch... In the meantime... I will watch Blue Thunder for you. (It's the least I could do.)

I'll place the order for you on Wednesday evening...

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Terp like I said in an earlier post if I went bigger it would be a Southport when they make it. The Contender is a nice boat but it doesn't have the ride of the SP been on both and the proof is in the pudding and I've had a taste of the pudding. If its a CC Southport gets my vote by a long shot in the 26-28's. When the 31 is built than I might make the jump with trip Verado's.:D

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
I had a good time wed nite. renewed some memberships, bs'ed with 1/2 dz people, looked at a few boats, at a hot dog/coke/chips, saw a few nice sights (very few), etc.:D

Well worth the $5 to get in (coupon).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts