Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to go to Richmond Saturday to help my wife set up for a trade show then I get the afternoon off to 'occupy myself'. Can someone direct me to anywhere I can shore fish and for what? Any kind of fishing is better than sitting at a 'show' with hundreds of girls looking at pocketbooks, makeup, crafts, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Dory Park has a small pond that is usually stocked with trout ( need a fresh water license w/ stamp) Bass and Catfish and it's easy access and I used to "play" there on occassion when I lived in Richmond, if you don't mind a small drive...try Chickahominy Lake /River by the dam and locks for Pickeral and bass and maybe some stripers also could get a big cat or two can also rent boats there for not a lot of $$...James river above 14th street has smallmouths and other cool try the Pony pasture for access...rock hop just be careful the submerged rocks tend to be slippery ( wanna see my butt scar?) hope it helps

·
Registered
72 Posts
GO TO FREE FISHING PIER AT OSBOURNE LANDING. (END OF OSBOURNE TNPK, OFF RT-5 ) USE SURF ROD FOR LONG CAST. 5/0 HOOK, 3 FT.
LEADER, 4 OZ. WEIGHT...BIG CHUNK OF ALWIE OR BUNKER.....BLUE CATS 30 #s...ROCKFISH 15 TO 30 #s...GO AT NIGHT AND TRIPLE THE
ACTION...FRESH-WATER LIC..............10 - 12 MIN. TO DOWNTOWN......MAYBE NOW THE BAY WON'T BE SO CROWDED....IF YOU ARE ONE OF
THE FOOLS THAT RUNS THROUGH A SCOOL OF BREAKING FISH IN THE BAY.....THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU, GET IT OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM
AND THEN COME BACK TO THE BAY...THIS LOCATION IS NOT A FLUKE, JUST TRYING TO CLEAN UP THE BAY...NUFF SAID....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts