Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boat is in Virginia Beach, but was down while the computer got replaced under warranty, (SLOW process) so I missed the fall season.

In years past, after the season was over in VB, we would always take a run down to Oregon inlet and go out there. We would usually find birds and keeper fish right off the beaches. This was quite a number of years ago.

Do the stripers still show up down there? Has anyone been catching any? Very curious.

If you don't feel comfortable posting publicly, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Stripers

My boat is in Virginia Beach, but was down while the computer got replaced under warranty, (SLOW process) so I missed the fall season.

In years past, after the season was over in VB, we would always take a run down to Oregon inlet and go out there. We would usually find birds and keeper fish right off the beaches. This was quite a number of years ago.

Do the stripers still show up down there? Has anyone been catching any? Very curious.

If you don't feel comfortable posting publicly, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks!
Don't I Wish! Been a few yrs since they showed with any consistency or numbers. The last good season ended when the commercial guys rolled in and killed thousand! Miles of dead fish, saw it with own eyes....

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The commercial fishermen in NC ran amuck for many years, messing up one of the once greatest fishing resources on the east coast. When I was a kid, the fishing there was so amazing, you would think it was fiction nowadays.

I hear that NC clamped down on the regs this year, but I wonder if that was just for the Rec fishermen?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts