Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
being in Petersburg, you could always hunt the Chicahomamy(sp) wildlife management area outside of Providence Forge between Richmond and Williamsburg. I have hunted that in the past and done pretty well. It is in the lake basically all swamps. Good wood duck hunting early in the season and good for big puddle ducks after that. It is open to the general public so you have to get there early to get your claim on the spot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
yes if hamptonroads is too far for you, been wanting to go with someone i live in portsmouth and last year did pretty good with bay ducks but had problems with a smaller boat not too many places go that would be safe with. observed plenty of cans buffs blacks and scoters around the mouth of james and nansemond rivers behind tidewater college in suffolk, they showed up around nov and cans showed in dec. if you want to go you can conact me at [email protected] thanks and good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.