Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out from Narrows tonight with the kid to try Eastern bay and prob shoot across to western shore river mouths. Thinking of pulling Hoses or spoons. Anyone been there lately? I'll return the favor and send a report back for any info.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was out at the hill on Sunday. Trolled for hours. Around 9am bunch of working birds came in and trolled through them. Caught two rockfish but only one keeper. 21" and a 19". Marks disappeared by 10am. Tried chumming and jigging closer to poplar island and got nothing. I had two large bags of over 200 filleted spot. Caught the rock on drones. 38 feet of water, fish looked to be in 25ft-30ft. I had planer boards out on port side only and 6 lines out. 4 on the boards and two off the starboard boat side. Drones and hoses.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fished in eastern bay 5 pm till dark... Allot of breakers but fish were small.. Like 12" and allot of them... Moved and went outside Poplar Island where there were a better class of fish from 16" to 19.75. At times I could see breakers and birds everywhere across the bay.. Never caught one over 20" to keep but if you have kids or a wife that likes to catch fish that's the place to be.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bayside, thank you for the heads up. I launch out of Chesapeake beach. I will try west side this weekend. This is my second year fishing. What are the general areas for fall trolling? i only know the hill, bloody pt, and gum thickets. They were all good last year. Do you mean Holland pt? or thomas pt?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts