Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get some fishing in somewhere and hope to get a report about the shad fishing.I hope the river is fishable and they are biting. Ok guys give me a hollor.I hate to make a waisted trip from pa. I usually start at deer creek area with my boat. thanks guys. AL

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Went to Deer Creek yesterday. Flyfished near Stafford Bridge and had a pretty good morning. Bites tapered off around 9:30 or but the action was enough to keep me there until noon. Most small bucks, but still lots of fun on the fly.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I was up Monday at Deer Creek at noon and things were slow but as the afternoon progressed it picked up and had fish way below Deer Creek. Not sure what will happen to the river after last night and today. Rain!!!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I fished the river yesterday just above rock run from 6am to 11 and had my best day ever on hickories. Chartreuse was the color of the day.
Between the new muddy water getting ready to come down and a cold front it was probably a small window of opportunity till next week. AJ

·
Registered
98 Posts
They were a mixture and yes there were a few whites in the mix. I also had several doubles that I thought was strange because one would be a buck and one a female. Maybe that's not strange because I don't often get many doubles. Those females were very fat. AJ

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank guys for all the reports. I couldn/t resist,, so I headed down this morning only to hit the storm arround Lancaster and heard reports of a tornado watch. It rained and blowed so hard I had to pull over and stop for awhile. I told my buddy we were going to forget this trip. Now I can only dream about the day that could have been. I still think I took a smart pill by turning arround. I,ll have other safe days ahead , I hope. Save some for seed guys, thanks Jerry and cbt, shadhead, AL

·
Registered
801 Posts
They were a mixture and yes there were a few whites in the mix. I also had several doubles that I thought was strange because one would be a buck and one a female. Maybe that's not strange because I don't often get many doubles. Those females were very fat. AJ
Good to know. I'd always heard that the whites made a bee-line straight on up to the dam, and had only taken hickories while fishing the big river in that vicinity. I don't dislike hickories, but really enjoy the whites. Yet its tough to try and fly fish at the dam (a good steeple cast and tolerant fellow anglers using conventional gear sure helps). It can be done... although you might get one white for every ten or twenty the others are hooking. I'd enjoy the extra room down by Rock Run (whenever its wadeable, that is) even more knowing that the odd white or two might still come my way. THANK YOU, AJ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts