Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was just wondering if the stripes have come and gone, are still around, or have yet to make it up to the richmond/varina/hopewell area?

i'm hoping i can get into them in the fall like when they come up in the spring ... dinks and shorts are fine, just out to have some fun ...

anybody have any insight on this?

don't need secret holes, just wanna know if they're around!

thanks!

·
Registered
650 Posts
We hacve been catching alot of stripers in the james over the last 2 weeks, lots of fish in the 24-27 inch class. You just have to find the bait. Doug.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Tried Prequile isle and the Hopewell bridge Tue. with artificial (rattle traps, grubs. sassy shads bass assasins crank baits and spinners ,plastic eels)notta hit I may say but it sure was a nice day to be there.

·
Registered
421 Posts
A week ago I heard they were tearing them up along the lily pads at the mouth of the Chick with rattletraps on outgoing tide.

·
Registered
694 Posts
NIRCHMAN ,,I think i'm, going to try the chickahominy Saterday, around the route 5 bridge area . if i do good, i'll let you know.[wink] a friend of mine, caught a 15 pounder below chesdin dam 2 weeks ago.. bill. h.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the info, guys, sounds like it's kind of hit or miss at this point ... might get out sunday to see what kind of trouble we can get into!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts