Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
we ran from LC and fished around false cape. We marked some good bait, but the water was pretty cold, around 39 to 40 degrees. We did manage 4 small stripers around 22 inches all on tomic plugs. Nothing to brag about, but at least we kept the skunk off. It was a real pretty day, and we cruised back at about 38kts with some super flat seas.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice to see the Catch and Release reports from the charters as much as it must have bummed the clients to not keep fish. Wondering if "the man" was around down there? I like the positive spin on the report though. Closer to Rudee! Problably still have to run 20 miles from Rudee but at least it's not Oregon Inlet.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Talked to some guys this evening @ Owl's Creek. They did not have NC fishing license, said Va was 38 degrees and nothing, but there was a real good bite in NC around the research pier. Dude said he was getting his NC license tonight on-line and going back tomorrow.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looks like that one charter boat from the Fishing Center ran waaay south. Look at the backdrop...are those trucks on the beach just north of Oregon Inlet? Last 3 pictures on their website.

My bad...after blowing up those pictures, they are definitely cottages and not trucks. My guess would be either south of WhaleBone junction around Old Nags Head or Corrolla.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oregon Inlet Fishing center 12/29 report: http://www.oregon-inlet.com/journal/article.cfm?article_id=2609

Rockfish responded from recent cold weather by moving South. It was easy to miss schools of 20 to 30 pounders by going too far North. Most of the fish were caught trolling. A group from Nebraska caught their limit in short order and wound up releasing several that would weigh well over 30 pounds each. They were Pat Thomas, Mike Troxel, Dan Dancer, and Jim Becker all from Southland, Nebraska. Th rest of the boats did equally well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts