Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody is going to fish the first ever VCA tourney on the Potomac River? With this cool rain the blues should be rippin' drag all day long. Are the big blues hitting during the day yet on the James? JJ

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I'm not a VCA member, but I think the Potomac river tournament is a great idea. And it is the last points tournament before the Classic. It is a good idea, and levels the playing field for most of the VCA guys.

I am very interested to see how they do. Should be a fun one. A bit of chatter on the VCA site about it all. I think some are not to thrilled about going up. I hope they have a decent turnout.

Lots of folks didn't like it when we (JRCC) had our tournament on the upper James (flatheads), but it was very interesting. Even with the very high river.

Good luck to all that go this weekend.

Dayton

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am fishing it as its my home waters. Hope they have a good showing cause I think they will like what they see and want to fish it again. Big river with lots of fish, just not huge fish like the James. Mid 30's should be no problem. Lots of 20's. Give the Potomac 10 years and 60 lbers will be common.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Good luck Hawkeye. Would you write down and post the results for us? The VCA board can take weeks to get the reports up.

Thanks,

Dayton

1 - 5 of 5 Posts