Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had not taken a cast since late October. I did get to try ice fishing last Sunday, but never cast any of the lines. Today I waded out to try several spots, armed with some active minnows from Marty's. The two sheltered spots I tried were partially covered with ice. The uncovered areas were too shallow and did not look productive. The two more exposed areas were ice-free, but apparently were not holding hungry fish either. I cast dozens of times over more than 2 hours at the four locations without a single bite.

Did any other SRRKC brethren have better luck today?:confused:

· Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
695 Posts
Hi John--

Goose did, but he couldn't quite get it up to 20" on First Light's Hawg Trough, no matter how hard he squeezed its tail. We do have photo evidence, though.

He, Mil, Jon Mueller, & I took a three-hour wade-fishing expedition today, but it was tough. We had to break ice at the ramp. Open river was 36 degrees. We worked several prime spots with south-facing banks where the temp got up to 39-40 in the afternoon, but the only other fish was a 10" ring perch. Good looking fish, though--great colors and stout shoulders.

Best, JPW

· Registered
7,851 Posts
got one with Greg, JP, and JM in the Severn this afternoon. It was 19.75" and hit a moderately fast retrieved e-chicken shad-tail B.A. Aside from JP's lone Y. Perch, that was it before I left. Wade fishing was COLD, but water was beautifully clear...looked like bonefishing on the Florida flats in some places (not that I've ever actually done that).

Edit: Opps...see that J.P. beat me to it by 1-minute!

· Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice catches Jeff and J.P. I don't feel so bad if your group of 4 fine anglers could catch only 2 fish in a long outing. Maybe next weekend, the fishy spots will be more accessible.

I agree that wade fishing was quite cold on the legs. I took a lunch break in the middle and relocated to a spot several miles downstream.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.