Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna be cold but the wind forcast doesn't look bad. Figuring somewhere up near Urbanna where the were last weekend is gonna be the place but don't know if cold weather may have pushed em on down the river a bit. Ideas anyone?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know some of the creeks way up river on the Paumunkey and Mattoponi are iced over so I would imagine plenty of the creeks off the Rapp are as well. Was looking pretty flat for tommorow even in the bay on the radar yesterday but now looks like it will be blowing 15 or so. Don't know about Saturday.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was thinking about giving it a try tomorrow, I have struggled all season and missed last weekend's bite. So I was hoping to get in at least one more day.

I think the wind direction and strength is dependent on how fast this front moves thru. It doesn't help that it's freezing rain in Richmond now. What worries me more is the water temp.

Up river (way up river toward Bowling Green) duck hunting the creeks were iced up but the river was open.

Please post if you go, I'll do the same.

Rappangler

·
Registered
757 Posts
I hope to get out Saturday and Sunday - I have the annual Christmas shopping duty tomorrow - but given all the fishing passes I've received, there are no complaints (alhtough I certainly would love to be fishing). Please let us know how you do and I'll do likewise. Good luck if you go - please catch one over 34"!

·
Registered
191 Posts
water temp was 37 today in the river with only a couple fish cought. I believe it's about over, sad to say! The creeks were iced over but took our time busting thru it

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well boat owner is concerned about driving down to deltaville tonight or in morning so trip off! Oh well, hard to believe a Yankee who grew up in Chicago and then CN would be concerned about this storm. Roads were fine on my way home at 6 pm and storm is done here in Richmond. Yeah, I was thinking that this might be the last chance to get out for the year. We got a late start last Friday and only put one fish in the box. If anybody goes please report. IF we get a light wind day next week or the following may give it a try then! Good Luck and Tight Lines!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Water temp at Stingray buoy Friday night is 38. Hard to believe bait and fish will be around much longer. Locklies Creek is iced over but thin enough to get out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts