Tidal Fish Forum banner

Anybody have any good Canadian fishing lodges they've been to?

13K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  uclueletcharters 
#1 ·
Anybody heading north over the border this summer or past for a good ole canadian wilderness fishing trip?I always like to read those,they are my favorite fishing trips.

#4 · (Edited)
Hey Nick,
My son & Grand Son 16 and I drove to Mary Lake, Marylakeoutfitters.com 5 hours north of Ottawa for a week of fishing from 8-8 to 8-15 but broke it off early due to rain. 787 miles from Bowie and 15 hours driving time not including stops. Three hours on logging gravel roads. Pike and Walleye were what we sought.
You were allowed 6 walleye per person but never got more the 3 per person fishing about 3 hours each am & pm. Jeff my son got 10 pike one day but no trophies. Caught both Yellow & Blue Walleye.
We have never fished for walleye before, I made up several spinner rigs with 2 hooks and had fair luck with them with night-crawlers. Never did catch one on a jig & minnow (gulp) combo.
Best bait was 1/8 and ¼ oz jigs and night-crawler in a ball, just crawling on the bottom.
I think the next trip up that way will be to the 10,000 Lakes area at the New York boarder.
Dale

#6 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum from Canada and a guide :) Have grow up my entire life on the West Coast of BC and fished all over both as a rec angler, commercial fisherman and for the last few years guiding. The country is beautiful no doubt and if your looking for the best fishing experience possible you need to do your research on the area you plan to go. Many areas are either hot or not as they are so run dependent especially if the location is in a place that's main target is a one stream run of fish passing by. If you are there at the right time it's a good time if your not well it's going to be a long day. If you fish the west coast of Vancouver Island there are both inshore runs and offshore runs of fish which means during the summer months the fishing is good everyday. July and August are the premium months for Chinook and mid July to September is prime time for Coho and Chinook. Bottom fishing is always good out here :) Let me know if you have any questions about areas and I would be happy to help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.