Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,
Seems kinda slow but put some pots off my dock (2) in Buckner Creek this weekend and in three days caught only 3 crabs....pretty poor so far.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Scott, I made it out today in the St. Mary's River....more crabs than I've seen all year....only problem was 85% were throwbacks. I was using traps and they were all over as far as depths....4-20'....they they were chewing bait today I'm sure you could get some from a pier or a boat...only problem is they are coming up short....

Tony

·
Registered
659 Posts
Scott,
From all the articles in the Times Dispatch paper on how the spring harvest has been much better than normal and how the waterman can't get very much for their record catch I would think that there would be plenty of crabs for everybody. Almost run out of breath on that statement. We haven't set out any pots yet. Probably set out some next week.
Bubba

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You VA guys should probably try the Rap...I can't spell it and don't plan on trying[grin] They were getting crabs in the Rapp in April....Things just haven't changed gears here yet. For those of you that have piers you should be doing ok....most comm pots are in water 6-12'.....off of channels. All the crabs I've been getting have been 4-6'.......

Good luck
Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts