Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas, we've gotten a couple deer this year, and are thinking about either smoking them and chipping the meat ourselves or getting it done. My granddaddy has a smoker, and we would like to try to do it ourselves if at all possible. Was wondering if anyone knows how to do it, or can point me to a site on the net. I plan to snoop around for the recipe myself, but figured that a little help from an experienced deer chipper couldn't hurt. Thanks in advance for any help.
Corey

·
Registered
196 Posts
Buddy of mine made it with just thin strips of hind quarter or roast meat. He lightly pan-fried the meat and heated it up with a can of cream of mushroom soup. It was excellent.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The only way to eat venison, in my opinon is to buy a electric slicer and slice the meat frozen really thin and fry in margerine and put on a sub roll and add ltm and hots!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

·
Registered
294 Posts
Your right there all good but he was talking about chipping deer and buying a cheap slicer and doing it your self when your ready to eat it is the best, my family and I go thru about 10 deer a year and most is chipped.

Bill

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,137 Posts
I'm glad that we're not in disagreement.[grin]

The chipped venison I had (Brad's) in CO was eaten like a snack mostly. We made sandwiches with it, but didn't add anything else other than bread to take with us when hunting. We never did anything else with it as far as frying, etc.

Once we took the backstraps from a cow (elk) and sauteed them in ginger ale for lack of not having any butter, oil, lard, bacon grease, etc in camp. Really was tasty!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts