Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any info on a few good places to carry grandchildren to catch crockers. Any good reports as yet. Thank for any help!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I ONCE THREW A CHICKEN LEG TO A CROCK!BUT I DIDNT HAVE A LINE ATTACHED TO IT.....LOL,but i do hear of some nice croakers being caught around the Hampton roads bridge tunnel,,try the hampton side by small boat channel...hint hint:bigfish:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
That's a pretty vague question John but assuming you don't have a boat I would suggest one of the local piers. The James River pier is a good one for the early season and the Ocean View pier would be another good choice.
The good thing about the pier is you don't need a license for yourself (kids under 16 don't need one either). If the kids get bored they can just run around or go down on the beach and walk. The piers will rent you tackle if you don't have any and most have snack bars and game rooms so you can make a day of it.

Oh yeah, the croaker are biting already...so I hear.

·
Registered
838 Posts
They're hitting real good in the James River. Saw a guy fishing near the shipyarrd and he had a cooler full of 1.5 to 2 pounders.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Where do you fish? If your close to West Point, put out at Glass Island go under new bridge and anchor up in between bridge and the mouth of the river. Or go out to the Bell Rock lighthouse and anchor just off channel. Or go around the point out of the mouth of the river and head back up the Pamunkey River and anchor in between the new bridge and the mouth of the river on the New kent side of the channel. You will catch 2 to 3 pound croakers almost all the time. They were here 3 weeks ago. Can fish the Mattaponi and Pamunkey even on windy days. No problems with shallows. Short runs from the dock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts