Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're planning to go duck hunting next weekend on Assatuegue. Does anyone have any reports on the hunting conditions? Also does anyone know how many hunters are permitted in the blinds?

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Warm weather has really slowed things down at the island. The harvest reports are thin. Its still a nice place to be in any case. I cut my eye teeth there. I love the unspoiled atmosphere and terrain. But for me, its not all about the killin, but the hunt. I love that place. Given the wx, take some deet.:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hunted Dec 31 and planned to hunt a couple of other days but canceled. Only birds that are there are locals and they flew 3 miles high. Pulled the trigger on a 60 yard buffle and tracked him for a while but lost him. Warm weather makes it really hard since there was little to no migration. Kill reports for the morning were also weak. A couple of buffles and a merg or two. I do agree with Thunnus Assateague is theraputic. I did enjoy the morning.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Not sure were you live but I don't think AI would be your best bet for woodies, especially when you consider the current state of the migration or lack there of and the preperation it takes to hunt AI. I'd consider other public lands . With all this rain there are plenty of places to hunt flooded timber, do a little scouting first..........lots of avaliable food and water right now. Mckee Beshers is a great wood duck locale, as are others on the shore.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hunted there this past weekend. Birds were sparse. Even the divers that were down in Dec. in decent numbers seem to have moved back up north.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts