Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An employee sucking up gave me a nice fresh tenderloin. I usually marinate my pork tenderloin in teriyaki sauce and grill it and wondered how the venison would fare? I cut it half of it into medallions and fried them last night - they were OK. I still have half of it left.

He also gave me a hind quarter. Was thinking of making a venison stew using my beef stew recipe. Thoughts?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I made some venison stew last weekend and I loved it. It was the best thing I had made yet. You can use ground venison or just cube up some of the hind quarter. Brown the venison then get a pot of chicken broth goin and add some veggies. I used carrots, mushrooms, celery. Then add some cheese tortellini. It sounds kinda strange but it was awesome!!!

I usually grill my tenderloin real slow and brush some BBQ sauce on it while I'm cooking. Usually comes out pretty good.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello BigCat. It sounds good either way but am wondering why you chose chicken broth over a beef broth? I bought 2 cans of beef broth as that is what I add to my beef stews. I may be adjusting to a white wine as per a bmail I received....

·
Registered
490 Posts
1/3 brown sugar
1/3 butter
1/3 soy sauce

melt butter and sugar...when melted...add soy sauce and bring to boil while stirring. No more than med hi heat don't want to burn.

use as a marinade and brush on the loins while on the grill.

-D

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
My favorate is tenderloin recipe is simply coat the loin' in spicy musterd and wrap bacon around ( usualy takes 5-6 strips) toothpick the bacon to hold then put on the grill and never over cook. YUMMY!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Marinate overnight in 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup wistershire, a bottle of zesty italian dressing, and 2 tbls. of dejon mustard. Make cabobs using mushrooms peppers and onions, or whatever you like. I put a piece of beacon on both sides of each cube of meat, and add veg. Don't cook past med. only about 15 min. People that have never tried venison will love it.

BILL

·
Registered
877 Posts
to answer your question, yes It is very good if you like yaki sause.Just don't over cook it, most people tend to overcook venison. and I am going to try some of the other recipe posted here, now excuse me, you have all made me hungry [tongue]

·
Registered
628 Posts
[Q]wasabi originally wrote:
Hello BigCat. It sounds good either way but am wondering why you chose chicken broth over a beef broth? I bought 2 cans of beef broth as that is what I add to my beef stews. I may be adjusting to a white wine as per a bmail I received....
[/Q]

I don't know why it's chicken broth instead of beef. I was thinking it should be beef too but I made it with chicken and it was great. I would stick with chicken. Try its awesome!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Jerry, going a step further on your horseradish kick,..... SPICY bloody mary mix is a great addition to lots of soups and stews....believe it or not Chilli too! Not a susbstitute for other spices, just makes a nice addition. [grin]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts