Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
It's more fun than a barel full of monkeys. I drift down the james around richmond. I really dont care much for bass fishing, but out of a kayak it really is fun. Having one fight in semi-circles around the kayak while drifting downstream is hard to beat. Fishing for them off the bow of a glitter boat that costs as much as a corvette, well, I dunno.
[grin]

·
Registered
132 Posts
Its a blast. I have a couple of places I like to go and try for them. Gets you closer to them than ever before. As for be allowed, you can fish for whatever you want. Its all about fishing, not just saltwater fish. Whatever pulls your line.... go for it

·
Registered
457 Posts
I fish the Mattaponi, Pamunkey, Chickahominy, James out of mine alot. nice when you can fish from one ramp to another. I've also caught some nice catfish around 20 lbs. on the river too[excited].

DARREN

·
Registered
284 Posts
When they are on the beds or in the thick vegetation, there is no more effective way to fish for them.......Drop shotting over deep structure in the yak is very effective too because you can get in close to the structure and right on top of the fish.
Chad

·
Registered
50 Posts
Freshwater can be a lot of fun. I do both fresh and salt just depends what has the better bite. Going down the James in a yak is the best....float fish all day then make camp in the evening and share lies over a cold one and a fire......man I can't wait till fall!!!!!![excited][excited]

·
Registered
65 Posts
[grin]
It's all I do, minus two or three trips a year for stripers, but then they are true bass, so I guess it's all I do period with my yak.

Chasin 20 inch smallies in class II rapids is dang hard to beat on excitement, even if a fish never bites. Ya never know when the river is gonna remind ya it is boss.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Darren aka: Carp
I am either on the mattaponi floating down from Zoar to Aylett catching Bass and cats. The Mattaponi is in the backyard in King and Queen County where I just moved to from Chesterfield. Love the James all the way out to Cartersville. Tried the Pamunkey, put in at Williams..went up to a beaver hut caught some large mouth Bass on shad dart rigged with cork and bloodworm. Funny, the Beaver came out also,HA.
Anyhow, Bass fishing in yak's is great..we can get into the areas on the James where the trees have floated down and little trolling motors can't get to. Up creeks, etc. There is a spot I always went to in Amelia..the Amelia Resevoir...BASS are jumping out the water as they want you to help clean that up. Man pulled a 10lb'er out. My Boyfriend does Bass fishing for a club and he loved it when i took him to Amelia and adventured around in a spare yak i had for him..he thouht it was great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts