Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vrigil's pics got me thinking....have any of you SRRKC brethren been fishing for Y. Perch in the Severn in the past week? I know the weather is nasty now, but I assume that the spawn has begun. Spool a rod with 2lb test, head to the upper reaches (Indian Landing, etc.), or to Valentine's, Dividing or other large creeks with a nice freshwater source, or the cove near Lakeland, and try to set a ew IGFA record for heavan's sake. Now's one of the better times to see how big a Yellow Ned the Severn can offer up.

Seriously, I haven't had time to fish for them but I'm hoping to live vicariously through your reports. Just keep in mind that they all must go back (so use circle hooks if doing the minnow/bobber thing) and the Severn Run is closed to all fishing due to the trout stocking.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Hey Goose-

That pic got my attention too! JPW has been keeping an eye (by way of a hook and line) on Blackwalnut Creek and hasn't seen them in there yet. I'm ready to roll for some YP, and when they show Woody and I will be there. I'm not familiar w/ upper Severn areas...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Who Needs The Severn Yellows...caught More Than Enough In A Net At The Lake Waterford Spillway.:d
Planning On Possibly Getting Out This Week And Doing A Little Research Up-river.;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts